Autumn is finally here! That means cozy times with family and friends, but what a better way to surprise your family and friends with a healthy and easy fall snack? Don’t forget that healthy and tasty can be combined.
Here is an easy snack with all the autumn flavor. Remember that you can always adapt the recipe depending on your preferences. Enjoy!
- 2 to 3 apples
- cinnamon or cardamom (optional)
Pre-heat the oven to 120 Celsius degrees (around 250 Fahrenheit)
1. Slice apple chips very thinly, try to make them as thin as you can. You can also use a mandoline in case you have it.
2. Place on a sprayed rack or use baking paper as preferred.
3. Sprinkle with cinnamon or cardamom (or both) if desired.
4. Place the tray in the oven and wait 1-2 hours or whenever they are chewy or crispy as you fancy them. You can tried one by when a single apple chip is removed from the oven and crips when set out in room temperature for around 2-3 minutes.
4. After the hour is up and you see that the apple slices look a little bit brownish and crispy, then you can turn the oven off. Let them cool in the oven and then take them out of the oven.
Remember that the timing can vary depending if you are using air fryer or depending on the oven itself.
So watch them to see if they start looking brown and crispy. Another important point is that the slices need to be as thin as possible if they are thicker then it would take longer time.